BET体育官方APP下载 has developed a program of support services specifically for students who have learning disabilities, 感觉障碍, psychological disabilities or physical conditions.
服务, which are coordinated through the Office for Students with Disabilities, 可能包括, 但不限于, 学术和考试设施, 教师的通知, assistance with adaptive computer technology and accessibility issues, 学术顾问, 个性化教育辅导. The program is designed to promote interaction among several existing campus resources and personnel. Students are actively involved in decision making regarding their specific needs and are encouraged to work toward increased independence and self-sufficiency.
The 残疾支援服务 office is scheduling appointments so that you can choose the best option for you. To schedule an appointment contact 残疾支援服务 at email@example.com or 617 228-2327.
Students with documented disabilities are eligible for services through BET体育官方APP下载’s 残疾支援服务 Office (DSS). In accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), students seeking reasonable accommodations for a disability are responsible for self-identifying and self-advocating.
If you have a documented disability and anticipate needing accommodations, please contact 残疾支援服务 at 617-228-2327 or visit by the office located at the 查尔斯顿校区, E室222. Note: Requests for accommodations require dialogue with DSS, medical documentation review and registration with DSS prior to receipt of an accommodation. 住宿不具有追溯力. Students are required to meet each semester with the Office of Disability 服务 staff to discuss and determine reasonable and effective accommodations and are strongly encouraged to do so prior to the start of each semester.
Depending upon the student's disability and documentation, the following services are available:
- 教室里住宿 are available based on your documentation; examples of such accommodations are notetakers and scribes.
- 测试设施 are available depending on your documented needs: examples of such accommodations include, 但不限于, 延长时间(一个半小时), alternative testing formats and/or environments.
- 教育训练: A big part of being successful in college is managing your time well and using effective academic strategies. Our 教育al Coach is available to help you with time management and study skills, helping you to be more accountable with assignments and projects.
- 辅助技术: Software programs and hardware/devices are available to assist your needs. For more information please see our Assistive Technology Educator in Room E222, or call 617-228-2327.
- Disability Assessment and Referrals for Diagnostic Testing: Students who suspect the possibility of a learning disability may request referral for screening and assessment through the Office for Students with Disability. Referrals are made to area agencies and specialist depending upon student needs.
- Pre-admission 建议 and Assistance with Registration: Navigate BHCC’s many course options with the benefit of the advice of one of our counselors, in order to best meet your learning styles and needs.
- 转介学术支援服务: BHCC has many excellent support services and we can point you to those that are appropriate for your needs.
- 咨询教授: BHCC strives to help students develop independence and self-advocacy; we’ll help you in your personal journey toward that goal.
- 访问教科书: To request textbooks in accessible format, please fill out and 提交请求表格.
For questions or assistance, please call 617-228-2234
BET体育官方APP下载 is committed to providing equal access to the educational experience of all students in compliance with Section 504 of The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. 有残疾证明的学生, 谁还没有这样做呢, should schedule an appointment at the Office for Students with Disabilities (room E222) in order to obtain appropriate services.